Welcome to our CPD Course Booking system.
If you have an account please login to book a course. Otherwise please register for an account. You will be able to track your CPD Hours and Print Attendance Certs
Tues 11th May from 7pm-8pm
The presentation on Accelerated Reader and MyOn will outline how schools across Ireland are using the resources currently and will cover the main features of both MyOn and Accelerated Reader. The presenter, Pat Hanrahan, has used Accelerated Reader over many years in his own school and will outline how it is set up and its benefits. He will also answer any questions from Principals or teachers about the resource.
Areas covered will include -
· Baseline AR test
· Set up of school library to suit AR system
· Monitoring pupils reading and checking data on pupil progress
· Ensures that pupils have sufficient challenge in their reading
· all pupil reading and comprehension data stored in easy to read and access spreadsheets
· MyOn gives access to 5500 new digital books with these titles available anywhere, anytime on any device including a mobile phone.
· MyOnUnlimited access to all books in a Covid-friendly environment. No danger of infection transfer.
· A mixture of fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels.
· Topic related: Many books are subject related topics across the curriculum.
· Whole school use: Books are available for the entire school and in all locations
· Projects can be set for the children to complete based around a topic/books selected by the teacher. Homework tasks can also be set.
· Opportunities to use MyON as a virtual learning environment. Many projects are pre-made by teachers and can be easily shared.
· Feedback: The teacher can comment on the children’s work and there are opportunities for peer assessment.
· Extended Schools: Reports are available to measure reading in and out of school etc.
· Connects with AcceleratedReader for comprehension assessment, monitor and track progress ensure all pupils are reading at an age-appropriate level
|Event Date||11-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Event End Date||11-05-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||10-05-2021|