Welcome to our CPD Course Booking system.
If you have an account please login to book a course. Otherwise please register for an account. You will be able to track your CPD Hours and Print Attendance Certs
Dates: Thurs 27th February, 12th March & 19th March 2020 (7pm-9pm)
Course Fee: €20
Facilitators: Helen O’Connor & Ines Lawlor
These workshops are aimed at teachers and SNA’s of children aged 3-12, with sensory processing difficulties which may be part of Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, ADHD, or other conditions.
· The senses – how each sense works
· Sensory processing – how all the senses work together to process information.
· Sensory processing difficulties and level of alertness – how sensory processing difficulties affect a child’s ability to attend and regulate emotions.
· The impact of stress on sensory processing.
· Brief Recap on sensory processing.
· Common sensory processing patterns in particular childhood conditions - ASD, DCD, ADHD and Joint hypermobility.
· Sensory processing in the school setting.
· Sensory equipment
· Adapting classroom activities to meet the child’s sensory needs
· Using visuals to reduce stress and improve sensory processing.
· Brainstorming worksheet for how to manage behaviours that challenge in the classroom.
· Case studies.
|Event Date||27-02-2020 7:00 pm|
|Event End Date||19-03-2020 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||27-02-2020|
|Location||Kildare Education Centre|