Date / Time: Thurs 16th May 2019 from 6pm-9pm
What is Y-PATH PE 4 ME?
Y-PATH (Youth Physical Activity Towards Health) PE 4 ME is a junior cycle post-primary programme which aims to improve physical activity among children and young people through the physical education (PE) module in the school curriculum. The programme is bought to you as a result of a collaboration between the Irish Heart Foundation and Dublin City University.
What is involved?
The programme is available only to PE teachers.
There are two parts to the Y-PATH PE 4 ME programme:
Why do schools need Y-PATH PE 4 ME?
· Y-PATH PE 4 Me is the only programme of its kind in Ireland
· Acknowledged by the PDST, UCC and Sport Ireland
· Fits into wellbeing curriculum, highlighting wellbeing indicators involved in each lesson
· Uses a whole school approach with elements for students, teachers and parents
· Adapts current practice to allow engagement of all pupils within PE class
· Designed by teachers for teachers
· Evidence based on the needs of Irish children, backed by 8 years of research
· Does not require any major equipment to run lessons
· Emphasis on fundamental movement skills and physical literacy
· Aims to reduce the age-related decline in physical activity common among post primary school age students
· Focuses on empowerment, motivation and confidence
· Gives students the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities they enjoy
|Event Date||16-05-2019 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||16-05-2019 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||15-05-2019 12:00 pm|
|Location||Kildare Education Centre|