Welcome to our CPD Course Booking system.
If you have an account please login to book a course. Otherwise please register for an account. You will be able to track your CPD Hours and Print Attendance Certs
Date / Time: Saturday 9th March 2019 (9.30am-4.30pm)
Facilitator: Tony Hayes
A one day course covering aspects of Strand 5, the Functions section of the Leaving Certificate Higher Level Mathematics Syllabus.
This one-day course will focus on:-
The meaning of the derivative of a function and its application to properties of the given function.
To begin with there will be a review of material from the Junior Cycle specifications in particular Section AF 7. d
· Make connections between the shape of a graph and the story of a phenomenon, by looking at time/distance graphs.
Time will then be spent looking at -
· Slope of a line as average velocity of a function between two given points.
· the behaviour of a function in terms of
o Positive negative.
o turning points
o inflection/saddle inflection
· The slope of the tangent to a point on the graph of the function.
· First/second derivatives as indicators of the behaviour of the original function.
There will be ample opportunity for participants to engage with the material by working through examples and there will be full worked solutions to all examples.
A pdf version of the presentation will be made available to all participants via e mail on completion of the course.
|Event Date||09-03-2019 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||09-03-2019 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||08-03-2019 12:00 pm|
|Location||Kildare Education Centre|